Sunday, June 20, 2010

Third Annual Comix Creator Cookout!

Hey everyone!

The third annual Comix Creator Cookout is this coming Saturday, and I'm hoping any of you in or near central PA will be able to make it out.



This event is very close to my heart, and is great fun every time we do it. If you've never heard of it, basically it's a big cook out at the Comix Connection Mechanicsburg, as well as a comic signing. We take donations of canned food and cash for a local food bank. This year I'll be giving away a piece of art to the person with the heaviest donation. We'll also be giving away a bunch of other stuff to folks who donate at the event.


Writers Jesus Gonzalez, Brian Keene, and myself at least year's cookout. Brian and Jesus will be returning again this year!


Seriously, if you're close by you gotta swing by and say Hi. Lunch is on us ;)

Best,
Mike

4 comments:

PatrickWedge said...

I wish I lived near your area to participate but alas, I don't. I think this is great that you do this each year to support your local community and help out what you can do.

Little things like that set you apart from the rest. Hope the weather is nice and there is a good turnout.

Virtual sandwich for me!

Mike Hawthorne said...

I appreciate that, man.

I'd really rather meet folks face to face while cooking them lunch then over a con table asking them for money ;)

Mike

Ron Salas said...

Nice. I wish I lived around there 'cause a good outdoor cookout sounds great about now. Also, you can't beat northern summers.

Hope you guys have a great turnout and a great time.

Mike Hawthorne said...

Thanks, Bro :)

Wish you were closer too. We'd love to have you!

mike